Another type of bridge agraffe - Schumann

Calin Tantareanu dnu@fx.ro
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 10:31:08 +0200

> Interesting.  Does it in fact provide two termination points?  It almost
> looks like one.  On the speaking length side it looks like the metal is
cut

As far as I know yes.

> away to provide clearance for the strings and the strings are only
> contacting at the end of the sheet metal bend, on the hitch pin side.
It's
> a bit hard to tell as the pictures are fairly small.  Any chance of a
> larger or more close up photo?

I'll try to get better ones, but this is not my own piano, so it will take a
while.

> Also, in order for this termination to function, it looks like the strings
> would have to have an up bearing on the bridge.  Is that correct?  Does
the
> soundboard have a positive crown or a reverse crown?

Don't know, but I assume it started with positive crown.

 Calin Tantareanu
 e-mail: dnu@fx.ro
 http://calintantareanu.tripod.com