"should I stay or should I go?"

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:46:46 -0600

My blood boils when I must tune in a noisy environment, but I do it,
almost always without complaint.

I remember hearing Ron Nossaman say years ago that in designing a
procedure he would prefer to work for 10 minutes rather than to have to
wait for 5 minutes at any point in the middle.

My attitude towards noisy tuning environments is an extension of this
attitude, I think. The time spent not tuning and instead upon getting
things quieted down might be worthwhile, but might not work at all,
might cause hard feelings, and after which you still have the tuning to
start up again where you left off. I'd much rather just keep tuning
without pause. Usually, I outlast the noisemakers and have quiet time
at the end to make sure the tuning is good.

I finish all tunings that I start. Period. Well, unless the piano
breaks.   :)

Kent Swafford