"should I stay or should I go?"

antares antares@euronet.nl
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 19:25:07 +0100

Hi David Skolnik,

Of course it is true that there circumstances where you can train the=20
stage crew of a certain theater to be quiet when you are tuning.=20
However, in most, or at least many cases, this is not possible and in=20
that case you just have to live with it.
Here is a clear example : I worked for some time for the most famous=20
concert hall in Holland, and my expectations were that they would help=20=

me to do the best that I had to offer, and especially in that place=20
(the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam).
The opposite was the case! They did not give a damn whether I had a=20
hard time or not. All they said in response to my complaints was that=20
the tuners before me had never complained and that I 'd better be a big=20=

boy now.
Whatever I said... it did not help. At a certain moment it was so bad=20
that 2 people were vacuum cleaning the stage and the seating rows at=20
the same time while I was preparing a gorgeous instrument for a famous=20=

pianist!
It should actually be enough to stop the job, pack your tools and get=20
the hell out.
And you know what?
After a long time of this humiliating treatment...
I packed my tools, and I got the hell out, and I never returned, even=20
though this was the most prestigious client I had ever had.
There are however other cases where you try to keep the job, even if it=20=

is almost impossible.
That's where you have to grin and ignore.

Andr=E9

friendly greetings
from
Andr=E9 Oorebeek