CA in a hurry

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:19:37 -0500

> you're left with a hole lined with Alox or garnet particles of
> whatever size (80 grit? 100, 150?) free to move and function as a
> lapping compound.

I don't think so. Grinding metal generally requires a fair bit of
back-and-forth motion. The amount of pin turning that would occur with a
reasonably skilled tuner will barely even score the surface. Really, it is
not an issue. Sandpaper shimming is quite a reasonable approach. I generally
use 120 grit paper-backed aluminum oxide.

Terry Farrell