A-440 and Ethics.

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:19:55 EST

In a message dated 11/12/2004 8:37:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Why? Example: piano is 150 cents flat. I would do two pitch raises, getting
> up to A440. Then I would give it a tuning. I would also explain to the owner
> that the tuning will not be as stable as a tuning on a typical piano that
> had been tuned on a regular basis. However, after a couple regular tunings,
> their piano should achieve relative stability.
>
> Terry Farrell

Greetings,

          The customer only cares about the piano sounding musical. Do they
really care if the tuning is satble? Prob not. Can a tuning sound good and yet
not be stable?

          When you say stable tuning, do you mean the best-est sounding
tuning of all three passes? (2 pitch raise passes then the tuning)

          In other words, if you do 2 passes then fine tune it at the first
apppointment, it will probably sound musical; and if you tune it again say.. a
week to 2 months later, then that will be an even better, more musical
tuning...right?

          I find that they sound better on the second appointment.

Julia
Reading, PA