Howard Grand identification

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 06:14:02 -0600

Samick made very late Howards (80's)  Baldwin made them in the 1920-50 =
years.
James Grebe
Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups
(314) 608-4137
WWW.JamesGrebe.com
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
pianoman@accessus.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Al Finley=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 11:35 PM
  Subject: Re: Howard Grand identification

  Did Baldwin actually make the Howard and the Monarch?  Somewhere I got =
the idea that Kawai made some Howards for Baldwin.  Am I looney?  Also, =
do the plates on the Howards have the name Baldwin or Howard molded into =
the casting.  This one has no name on the plate. =20

  BTW, the maybe Howard I'm trying to identify does have a medallion on =
the inner rim that says Baldwin or House of Baldwin.  But I thought that =
kind of thing could just be purchased from Baldwin perhaps and stuck on =
there, just like you can buy a decal and stick it on any piano.  That is =
if you don't mind doing time for fraud. =20

  Al F.=20

  Farrell <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
    The action that I posted on a couple days ago (front rail =
punchings...) is a Baldwin "Monarch" about 5-foot and has no support =
beams in the belly. I think it also has a two-piece fallboard and no =
markings on the plate. Oh, and it has a kinda crappy action.

    Terry Farrell
      ----- Original Message -----=20