OT Windows XP SP2

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Mon, 04 Oct 2004 23:42:07 -0500

Boy are you SP2 downloaders in for a surprise. Really - stop and think
what has to happen - MS - has - to know exactly what is installed on
your PC - be it legal or pirated - in order to download and install the
Service Pack. Based on the emails, after the download is an install
step. Talk about security - do you really want MS to know exactly what
is on your PC - PC configuration: how much memory; disk space usage,
what is installed - legally or pirated, all peripherals - doesn't that
equal invasion of privacy ! YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT MS HAS HIDDEN -
POSSIBLE SPYWARE - IN THE SERVICE PACK -- ORDER THE CD TO BE A LITTLE
SAFER !!!

Case in Point: In 1998, Blue Mountain Greeting Cards came out with
Internet Greeting Cards but MS decided to come out with a new version of
Internet Explorer - now you should be able to guess what happened - MS
put in a hook to not only block but to delete Blue Mountain Greeting
Cards before the recipient ever knew they received one. Blue Mountain
sued and WON - MS admitted they put the block in because MS was going to
come out with greeting cards of their own.

http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/avp/law/st_org/iptf/headlines/content/1999031702.html

Bottomline: BEWARE,
Duaine

--