Stuart

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 20:45:42 +0100

Calin Tantareanu wrote:

>Hi Richard!
>
>Do you have any pictures of your new type of string termination at the
>bridge?
>
>Best regards,

No... sure dont.  Its still in the experimental stage.. but I will try
and draw a picture for you.  The basic idea is more or less this.
Strings run through bridge pins as they do now, except the bridge pins
are notched with a slot big enough to accept the string snugly and hold
the string well off the bridge. A half round is positioned so as to
deflect the string plane upwards... effectively insuring secure string
contact with the half round, which is clamped by the string tight
against the bridge.
Bridge pins probably have to be threaded and screwed into the wood of
the bridge to keep them tight enough over the long term.

The position of the halfround is interesting, and I think can be used
much like Wapins middle bridge pin is used.  In anycase... the few
experiemental installations I have tried so far on junkers seems very
promising. I believe in open source designing... so I post this to the
general list in case anyone finds it interesting enough to have a wing at.

Cheers
RicB

--------------040705060609010909080105
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...