Sticky note: today's puzzler

David M. Porritt dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:03:26 -0500

I've seen the damper spoons hang up on the lifter rod in a=
 Walter.  Usually they also make a pretty gruesome noise also.
dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, TX 75275
dporritt@mail.smu.edu

From: <Piannaman@aol.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Sticky note:  today's puzzler

Ladies and gents,

I've recently encountered a couple of Charles Walter upright=
 pianos with "sticky keys."  The notes in question in each case=
 are near the treble/bass break.  They do  not stick when the=
 damper pedal is depressed.

The problem has been diagnosed and fixed(the second one a bit=
 more rapidly than the first one....), but I'll offer a free=
 subscription to  this list to anyone who guesses the answer.

I'm just curious how many of you have encountered this one.

Dave Stahl