repinned parts

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:22:56 EDT

Hi Barbara
   Well, there are as many mystery causes of center  pin problems as there
are stars but as for Renner I've found them to be quite  reliable. However on
one set about ten years ago they seized so I pinned them.  They seized again so
Isized them with alcohol & water & haven't seen em  since. I've had center
pinning problems on every part out there. It's still a  hand fit part &  when
it's done with skill every thing is dandy &  when there's a glitch in the cloth,
personnel, felt maker & who knows what  there can be problems.
 ie.Yamaha had or has plated pins as do many Asian  pianos. Sometimes the
plating comes off and the parts just freeze. This was  common at our dealership
in the years surrounding 1976 thru about 1980 or so,  Yamaha was ALWAYS Johnny
on the spot to warranty this problem. Sometimes   the arthritis got all the
way to the under lever parts.
  Hey Yamaha even warranted and replaced a gh-1 for me as  I had finally
diagnosed the soundboard /bearing problems on the very  LAST Day of its ten year
warrantee!!!!!!! Tuning  instability you know.
  As my Dad says "ya pay your money & you take your  chances"
   Dale

Thanks, Dave.

Well...actually, they're Renner parts--for a  grand.  I would like to donate
the work, I just don't want to get called  back--if you know what I mean.

Yes, as you can see by the picture, I  am short.  I can, however, stretch up
to an old upright if I  want to.  It isn't always easy to peer into nine-foot
grand pianos while  regulating either.  ;-)

Barbara Richmond, RPT

PS  And I know I'm knock kneed, too.  My sister (God Bless  her soul), was
bow-legged.  My father said when we stood together we  spelled the word OH (or
HO).