tuning lower notes - partials explained

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 12:47:20 EDT

In a message dated 10/13/2004 8:12:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ptuner@optonline.net writes:

>       1     2    3    4     5     6    8
> C2:  C2  C3  G3  C4  E4  G4  C5
> C3:  C3  C4  G4  C5  E5  G5  C6

Greetings,

         I understood this partials concept as explained when I learned
tuning, however to have it restated/reconfirmed by seeing it "graphed"/written this
way makes it easier to realize.

           I guess I am a visual learner....Thanks a trillion!! I've embrked
on reading Herman Hemoltz's On the Sensation of Tone too. It goes far beyond
partials, but better "too much" info than too little.

Julia
Reading, PA