over the top perhaps..

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:08:33 -0500

but perhaps a way to prevent you from buying a new carpet in a client's
home.

I work with my fair share of Asian hammers, and most of them benefit
greatly from steam voicing..not alot..just enough to take that clangy
edge off of them.

Before I made this up today, I was always fearful of the hammer falling
off to the side and burning a hole in the client's carpet. I don't like
keeping it on the piano itself, so on the floor it goes.

Parts used:

-scrap plywood
-1 iron stand
-6 Dampp-Chaser screws
-1 small leaf spring
-2 pieces of backrail cloth
-a once-over with some flat black spray paint..and wahla..an iron stand.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: MVC-066F.JPG
Type: image/jpeg