Oorebeeks Punch'ns

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 01:46:53 -0500

You wrote=85.

            =93If you nevertheless choose to call it "another bogus" =
then I
feel sorry I spent so much time on apparently nothing(?)=94

=20

Come on Andre=85. I thought I was a little tough in tech talk and so I =
do
apologize for infamous =93another bogus=94 but I thought you would catch =
on and
respond like we have been ribbing each other since 1996. =20

But seriously=85..  Can you prove what you are saying?  Can you play a
keyboard with  tapered felts and demonstrate its superiority?  If I play =
it
and don=92t like will you say my opinion is bogus?  (you got the right)  =
 Can
you play a keyboard with hard frp felts for 30 minutes and not feel the
tinges of carpal syndrome?  (um make that five days in a row)  There are =
lot of issues here.  They all have to be addressed.  The idea is to =
ferret
these ideas out in a free opinion exchange.  I made a poor choice of =
words
but that shouldn=92t kill the debate.=20

=20

=93These front punchings make all the difference in regard to how a =
piano
feels and sounds and they have actually changed and enriched my concepts =
of
'the making of tone'. It has however become clear that, in order to get =
distinguishable result from these punchings, the instrument has to meet
certain conditions=20
unquote=94

If you nevertheless choose to call it "another bogus" then I feel sorry =
spent so much time on apparently nothing(?)

Thank you very much.

Andr=E9 Oorebeek

=20

OK let me appoligise for the words =93another bogus=94 =20

But let me ask again=85..=20

Suppose I didn=92t hear any improvement in tone much less touch.   I =
would
like to see this demonstrated.  Lets sit together in the audience and =
you
tell me which notes have the special punching that I put in but you =
don=92t
know where.   Or you play that piano and tell me which notes have the
special punching.  Until then, this is another bogus hype  to sell =
something
that has no special merit.   But if I am proven wrong I will give $100 =
your favorite charity. ---ric=20

=20

=20