Old Splice was ... Bass String Matching

David Vanderhoofven david@vanderpiano.com
Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:31:59 -0500

Hi Alan,

If splicing, I try to use the same diameter core wire for the splice, or go
up 1 size larger.  But, as long as it holds, that is what counts.

And for what it is worth, I have spliced a bass string with the knot in the
speaking length, and by listening, I really couldn't tell that it had been
spliced.  But I do try to avoid splicing in the speaking length.  I
couldn't tell you what type of knot I use, but it holds!