Sustain: was Virtual Ribs,

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:08:32 +0100

Hi John

This interesting point has been up on occasion and directly relates as
you say to interpretation of music. In particular the question has been
raised in respect to the Stuart Piano, but certainly it is not confined
to that instrument.

To clarify tho.  Whatever sustain levels a piano should or should not
have,  I am sure we agree there should be some sense of uniformity over
the entire range of the instrument. And I am equally sure that the
condition of too little sustain can exist as well.

Cheers
RicB

John writes:

Hi,

I've been reading things occasionally about sustain since I've joined=20
this list and, as a pianist, I'm a bit concerned that people are=20
thinking increased sustain must be a good thing - forgive me if I've=20
misunderstood in what follows. There are 2 concerns of mine:

*Bec and John * bjsilva001@comcast.net <mailto:bjsilva001%40comcast.net>