Virtual Ribs, A new crown support method

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:58:49

Hi Rick,

So far as I know the only thing that can act as a "shield" for magnetic
flux is a ferrous material of some kind. Is there a "plate" on the back of
them?

As far as the effect on the strings--the inverse square law would be in
effect, so if any one wants they can easily calculate the force on the
strings (if they know the field strength that is), on axis directly above
the magnets. I suspect the two magnets would more or less cancel as well,
seeing as you are using them in oposition to each other if they are both
the same size and gauss rating.