P 12ths Tunings

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:05:57 +0100

Grin...

With all respect to Bernard, this ought to be very interesting to see in
practice. One is off course free to go through any patent process one
wants, but I cant see anyone making money on such an adventure.  In
anycase, P12ths tunings of various sorts  have been practiced and
publicized in various forums now for at least 5 years, and I have seen
articles talking about P12ths tuning concepts back as far as 20years ago
by more then one source.  Me thinks Bernard missed his chance to patent
this idea  when he first wrote about this some 20 years ago. Even so...
patenting a tuning method ??? How on earth is anyone ever going to
enforce such a thing, even if the idea was worth patenting in the first
place ?  What tuner in his/her right mind will pay another tuner for the
rights to use some bearing plan ? Good for the days humour tho :)

Cheers
RicB

In a message dated 4/13/05 10:54:34 AM, b98tu@t-online.de <mailto:b98tu@t-online.de> writes:

>/ The OnlyPure method is patent pending and registered as mark and will be
/>/ licensed to professional tuners and instrument makers which will benefit
/>/ from marketing this revolutionary tuning concept./