Aaaaaarrrrrrrrgh!

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:47:32 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_001D_01C54691.D0F4E600
Had to happen sooner or later. Visit people who don't play much, tune
annual. He's nice. She was okay in past. She not home. Sit at piano. 20+
cents flat after period of high humidity around here. Tell him it needs
pitch correction. Work on piano for 2 1/2 hours. She's now home, comes =
in as
I'm trying to take a little Story & Clarke wine out of the unisons. =
Scowl.
"We have places to go today! How much longer is this going to take?" Oh,
says I, I'm just finishing up. "How much."  Well it needed pitch =
correction,
you see, blah blah blah, so it's $140 today.=20
=20
[Insert sound of Banshee With Bellyache here]
=20
"Why, we haven't even moved that piano." (Me: chuff, hrgmff, choke ...)
=20
 {Caution Serious Rant Zone Ahead}=20
=20
WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH THIS 'MOVING THE PIANO CRAP'? EVERYONE KNOWS(!)
THATS WHAT MAKES PIANOS NEED TUNING (puff puff pant) DID THE GOVERNMENT =
USED
TO PRINT THAT FACTOID(???!!!) ON CEREAL BOXES OR WHAT? SEEMS MOST FOLKS
DON'T KNOW A $#*%&* THING ELSE ABOUT THEIR PIANO BUT IF YOU ROLL IT 3
INCHES, THAT'S WHEN YOU GOTTA CALL THE TUNER (OR IF A KEY IS =
'STICKING.')
OTHER THAN THAT, IT CAN EASILY GO ANOTHER 15 YEARS AND SOUNDS JUST =
BLOODY
GREAT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
=20
"Last time you were here you only charged me $50." No, Ma'am. It was $65 =
couple of years ago. Now it's $80 plus you needed the pitch raise.=20
=20
Tried to explain. She wrote a check. I said, just pay me what you think =
it's
worth. She paid the full amount.
=20
She won't be using me next time. That's okay. She will undoubtedly tell
everyone in her church--and it's a small community here--and anyone else
who'll listen that I am a rotten crook and I charge $140 to tune a
piano--that hasn't even been moved! That's not okay. Damn.
=20
I never raised my voice.
=20
I've attached the letter I've prepared to send her. Before I seal it and
send it, if any of you kind folks want to look it over and tell me I'm =
right
on, crazy, or both, I'd appreciate it. All comments welcome. Maybe some
ideas for people with similar customer relations disasters are here, too =
 =20
Alan R. Barnard
Trying to Thicken My Skin Without Thickening My Skull in Salem, MO
(Man, that's just plain thick! Thorry.)
=20

--=20
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.