Twist off damper question

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:40:53 EST

Hi All,

Ran into a small George Steck grand from the 30s or 40s yesterday.   There
were nasty chafing sounds from the three trichord dampers near the  bass/tenor
strut.  I pulled the action so that I could trim and teflon the  dampers, but
when I looked inside, I noticed the wires were threaded into the  damper wire
block.    Is there a way to get the wires out short  of removing the damper
underlever?

Thanks for all information past, present, and future!

Dave Stahl