one out of ????

Jim Kinnear jim@pianoguy.com
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 08:50:23 -0500

I'm pleased ( embarrased )  to say that I can beat that . .

I was hired to move a piano from it's place in town to the new owners home a
few miles out of town . .
We had the piano loaded and were on the way to the country location, but
stopped, on this hot summer day, to pick up some drinks at a local grocery
store.

In the parking lot, we met the new owner, who said he may be a bit late to
meet us, since he had an unexpected errand, but to go ahead, and unload the
piano . .  did I have the location
Yes, I have the directions and address with me, all was well and we set off.

Arriving at his house, we were not surprised to find he was still away, and
set about unloading the piano, a real brute, on to his palatial front wrap
around deck.

The door was locked.

One of my enterprising staff ( wondered later what was in his background )
went around the back, and shortly showed up inside and opened the front
door.

At this point, I reconsidered putting it in the locked house, so we relocked
the door, and left it on the porch, under an eave, safe from any weather,
and quite wrapped up. I figured that the owner and I would put in the house
the next day . . . and we left. I vaguely knew the new owner, and wasn't
worried about the fee.

a few days went by with no call from the new owner, so I phoned him to see
what ws up . .
He said that he wondered what had happened, because he had no piano, or
note, and was still waiting for his piano !

Apparantly, I had transposed the house number on the delivery order, and
left the piano at the wrong house. That guy had never even noticed there was
a piano on his porch !!

Needless to say, I still get razzed by my crew, every time I check
directions . . .

Badda Bing, badda boom !!!

Jim Kinnear
www.kinnearpiano.com