Why I'm the tuner and they aren't...

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Fri, 04 Feb 2005 08:21:01 -0600

Favorite things come in threes, right?

1. This morning, I tuned my favorite PSO on campus. 42" console which could
be the poster child for flagpoling tuning pins. (Some bass pins are showing
¼" of thread above the plate) Driving pins not advised because then all the
strings would walk up over the coils. Located in a basement coffee shop
w/entertainment area (stage/dance floor). Humidity control non-existant and
pitch regularly varies between 435/444... today it was 433.1 Hz.

2. Cleaning person was vacuuming when I got there. No big deal with laptop
based RCT and microphone dropped down into case.  When the vacuuming was
finished, I was asked if I wanted all the light turned off.  Hmmm, let me
see... 6AM/interior basement room... "Nah, leave them on, it's a little
easier to see what I'm doing. Thanks"

3.  As I'm in the top octave of the fine tuning, the grill person comes in
to get the place ready to open.  On comes the MUZAK, right above my head(of
course).

Had to vent. Now, everybody back away from the water cooler, nice and slow...

Conrad