Not what I signed up for

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 13:49:03 EST

=20
In a message dated 2/5/05 8:41:42 AM Pacific Standard Time, =20
davidlovepianos@comcast.net writes:

Actually, 4:1 octaves  in the treble would be wider than 2:1 octaves and=20
since you mention that the  octaves were too wide, that wouldn=E2=80=99t hel=
p. =20

That's what I thought I'd been taught, but early senility may have caused  m=
e=20
to forget something that I thought I knew.....:-{ =20
=20
The fact is, I seldom mess with the octave settings; I always tune the  uppe=
r=20
end by ear.  Practicing with the different octave settings would be  helpful=
=20
for me to become more familiar with common tuning terminology.
=20
Thanks for the input,
=20
Dave S.