Spinet horizontal side separation

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:25:28 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_0013_01C51372.943B9760
Patrick, do you mean a gem like the one pictured below? Indeed, the =
sides are not glued to the frame at all - they are hinged in back and =
screwed in front.

But Greg indicated that the entire keybed, action and sides had =
separated from the piano back (or at least that is more-or-less what I =
understand him to be describing). I don't think Wurly ever made any =
piano quite like that.

Hey, but isn't that beastie above a real beaut'?

Terry Farrell

> Are you sure the dang thing was glued together in the first place? I=20
> have a vague recollection of having serviced several naugy Wurlies in=20
> which the case was secured to the body of the piano with only a =
handful=20
> of small screws. I had to lift the whole unit off to tune  the beast.=20
> Is this what you have? Or maybe there *had been* a glue joint (long=20
> ago) on the ones I worked on, but it had vaporized some decades ago.
> Good luck!
> Patrick
> On Feb 15, 2005, at 12:54 PM, Greg Graham wrote:
>=20
> > The glue joints on both of the upper, horizontal sides
> > have separated from the back frame.
------=_NextPart_001_0013_01C51372.943B9760
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------=_NextPart_001_0013_01C51372.943B9760--