Contract Tuning

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:03:09 -0500

Richard and list,
         This is exactly why I adopted the method I use today. It's real
simple and very fair to everyone. I offer a $5 discount for each new
customer referred to me AFTER I service the new customers piano and good
for the current customers NEXT service. Teachers can refer more people so
they get the bigger discount they feel their worth. Seems to work. I don't
do much advertising at all and haven't for a great number of years.

Best,
Greg Newell

At 06:46 PM 2/16/2005, you wrote:
>Some of the piano teachers that call me talk a pretty big picture 40 +
>students etc etc. Then suggest they will give out my name in return for
>discounted service. I fell for it a couple of times. Now if they want me,
>they pay regular price. THEN when I hear their name mentioned I will
>discount the next service call. Needless to say I dont deal with a large
>amount of teachers. Most are untrained, not very good, and dont know a
>well tuned well serviced piano from a used car. {not all}
>
>Keith Roberts <kpiano@goldrush.com> wrote:
>I don't give discounts. I started to but where's my payback? I tell
>teachers that call, when I hear their name as the person who referred me,
>I will come over and tune their piano for free. It has to be more than one
>but not necessarily as much as 10. This shows me who the teachers are who
>care if their student's pianos are in tune.
>
>kpiano
>

>Richard
>the "Piano Guy"

Greg Newell