Contract Tuning

Richard Gullion pianoguy@rogers.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:07:10 -0500 (EST)

"You need to divide the travel time up between clients."

Do you mean when tuning more than one while out of town, or between all your clients.
EG. If I go out of town up to 45 minutes and there are two or more I give them an in town rate, cause I am already there. If I go for one I charge extra and they understand. Generally I wont travel any more than a one hr. drive.

Keith Roberts <kpiano@goldrush.com> wrote:
It doesn't matter how far you travel. You need to divide the travel time up between clients. Otherwise only people that lived next door to you would get their piano tuned. There is a limit though. I have some customers that live five miles down a dirt road you can only drive 5 mph down. Charge a rate you can live with and charge the same to everybody. That is FAIR. No one should complain cause everybody is getting the same good deal. I would hate the question, How come you charged Sally $80 and me $100?

Isn't every customer just as valuable and deserving as the next? Treat them all like they are important.

kpiano

 And man, I ain't talkin a huge discount either.  I had in mind maybe $20 off the price of 4 tunings.

How far do ya think I travel for tunings?

Richard
the "Piano Guy"