One more tuning question...

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 07:55:39 -0800

We've been over floating the pitch many times...if that's what=
 your talking about.  Check the archives...In terms of stability,=
 the less you change the tension the better.   I float the pitch=
 3 cents either direction except on concert instruments.  Most of=
 my Churches are not what I would consider concert instruments. =
 Other instruments can certainly adjust to that...

I'm sure there are "tooners" who do just about everything you can=
 imagine.  They, generally have short careers.   The idea that=
 the piano is going to continue to drop during the year is=
 erroneous.  It will go up and down.

Also keep in mind, I live in the Bay Area of California and we=
 have a pretty stable climate.  If tuned at pitch occassionally=
 they tend to stay in the ballpark...if I lived elsewhere I'd=
 probably be installing a lot of damp-chasers.

David Ilvedson