Rib crowning & compression failure

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:21:47 -0500

Hi Ric,

>  And it is Steinway specifically (curiously enough) and not the CC
> board in general that bears the greatest brunt of this affront.

If I hadn't ever seen or heard a Steinway piano before joining this
list I would have thought they were the worst pianos ever, and not just
regarding soundboard issues! I would then have to conclude the pianists
who like them are just fools/deceived and know nothing about pianos. I
would then question their musical talent/ability. In the end I would
have to say that pianists who like Steinways are bad musicians or at
least good musicians who somehow don't know enough about what they do
to notice they're playing on a bad instrument.

:-)

- John