More CC vs RC questions was RE: Killer Octave & Pitch Raise

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:58:29 -0500

Ron,
         Is that a double cut off in the treble and if so, why? all your
modifications are quite a bit of rather good looking woodwork. Does this
add significantly to the rebuild costs and how do you go about pricing this?

Greg Newell

At 01:59 AM 2/18/2005, you wrote:
>Davids both and all,
>
>>It's an extension of the rim inwards toward the bridge from behind at the
>>upper end of the piano.  It's designed to reduce the amount of excess
>>soundboard area at the very top of the scale.  It's called a fish because
>>the shape of the extension is somewhat fish shaped.  Maybe Terry or Ron
>>have a picture they could post.
>>
>>David Love
>>davidlovepianos@comcast.net

Greg Newell