One more tuning question...

Alpha88x@aol.com Alpha88x@aol.com
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 00:47:40 EST

In a message dated 2/19/05 2:36:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
terry@farrellpiano.com writes:

> Do you do all these 440 tunings out of the goodness of your heart or charge
> for the pitch raise, follow up tunings, broken strings etc. cause most
> poeple dont want any extra expenses...just so we can play it syndrome.

Greetings,

               I tune every piano that is possible to tune at A440 to A440;
by possible to tune at A440, I mean within 2-3 cents of A440. If a piano is
below that, I inform the customer that it is flat and explain that I can either
tune the piano where it is or it will need to be pulled up ...a pitch raise
pass to get it to A440. Then I charge accordingly. Some pianos require a tuning
with a second pass in the midrange; some take one full pass plus a second pass
in the midrange then tune...still yet others will require 2 full passes then
tune and some even require 2 passes and a 3rd pass in the midrange and then
tune. It depends; depends on what the customer wants.

Julia,
Reading, PA