My First Agraffe Repair

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 07:05:28 -0500

Hi All.

I lost a bet to a well-respected tech dealing with my first agraffe
removal. He suggested the 'tap' method, but just for insurance purposes,
he suggested I purchase a reverse drill bit (7/32 I believe), which I did.

Procedure:

-Using an awl, tap a tiny hole in the broken agraffe..just enough for
the drill bit to catch it.
-Insert the drill bit (inserted in a drill..cordless preferred) and
slowly turn that drill bit.
-as soon as the drill bit catches that hole, the broken agraffe will
spin right out.

I suspect the 'tap' method without using the reverse drill bit will work
just fine, as many have suggested here..I just haven't had my 2nd chance
yet!

I went from sweating bullets to hero in about 5 seconds..and I still
need to pay up on that bet..!!!

-Phil Bondi(Fl)