reamers for teflon centers

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 16:12:23 -0400

On Jun 26, 2005, at 12:28 PM, David Skolnik wrote:

>  At 10:34 AM 6/26/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> It's just that I imagine a microscopic view of the results to the
>> teflon bushing, and doubt that the results equal or exceed factory
>> specs for the bearing surfaces.

> Well Pat, I can only say you must have quite a vivid imagination.

Well, Willis Snyder utilized very high magnification photos of center
pin bushings (clogged with verdigris as I recall) in some of his
classes over the years. So my imagination may be vivid, but not
especially original.

> I too would enjoy seeing a microscopic view of a teflon bushing.
> Frankly, I would enjoy seeing microscopic views of just about
> anything.

Given that you certainly reamed many more teflon bushings in your work
at the Manhattan School (likewise for Joel at UW-M), I will defer to
your judgment that roughed reamers are AOK. Jon Page's suggestion of
Joe Goss' reamers is also helpful; I've got those but I didn't have
them with me yesterday morning.

Thanks,
Patrick