Arledge Bass strings

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:05:38 -0400

Hi Dale,

I had ordered strings for my older L for the bottom 4 notes and the
highest bflat on the bass bridge. The bottom 4 strings produce a much
much better tone than the normal strings that come with an L (usually
the bottom A is basically a nonsense note, but with the Arledge
string it actually is a note!). The bflat strings were a bit too long
(I didn't send in measurements) so I took off some of the winding,
but that actually improved the tone by reducing some of the heavier
"ringing" that was present when I first put the string on.

I think they're great. I intend on replacing the lowest few notes on
a few other friend's pianos, an S&S B and Boston GP193.

-- John