Sanderson Temperament

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Mon, 2 May 2005 20:07:21 -0500

Here's the answer I wish I had given you when you were inquiring
about how to hit 7 bps in the F3-A3 M3rd. The same answer applies
here: Remember that tuning through a temperament sequence need not
yield perfect results. It only need get you close enough so that you
can use the refinement techniques, mainly the inverse beat
relationships of the 4ths and 5ths. If you tune through the sequence
within a couple cents, you should have few expanded 5ths or
contracted 4ths, and checking the 4ths and 5ths can get you the rest
of the way to a great temperament.

Kent