Tune Lab Pocket split-sclae mode...was re: Inharmonicity factors

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Wed, 4 May 2005 09:26:30 EDT

741662027@theshusters.org writes:

OK, that  makes sense; smoothness in everything across the keyboard is what
we  want.  With TuneLab, I measure iH across the wound/plain string break to
determine when to use it's "split-scale" mode.  Robert suggests that  more
than a 20% jump in iH should trigger use of this mode.

To my  surprise, I found a big jump there on a 1983 Yamaha U3, which I
thought  should have a pretty good scale (since it's so big).  Anything funny

with this particular scale?  (See attached screenshot of  iH).

Cy,

I have never used split-scale mode.  I don't even know how to go  there.
Where do I find it?