Should Pianos Sound Squillante? etymology...

FRANCES HELMS fhelms@topeka.k12.ks.us
Thu, 05 May 2005 08:47:03 -0500

Soitenly!
Fran

At 12:42 5/4/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Does this perchance mean that Conrad knows big words, but not necessarily
>how to use them?
>Fran Helms,
>Topeka, KS

Mais, non!  Jamais!   'Twas the use of "1.)" but from a dictionary with a
more inclusive definition.   Now that I have returned home and have access
to my various Wörterbuchen, I see some interesting things.

Crepuscule comes from the Latin "crepusculum" via the French
"crépuscule".  My Cassell's does have twilight as the translation, but has
as an example "crépuscule du soir".    By extension, since it cites "du
soir", one can conclude that "du matin" would also be a valid use,  i.e.
"morning _or_ evening twilight" would be acceptable.

>  Or was this a deliberate miscommunagarbulation?

Now would be the time to invoke my rights under the Fifth Amendment, yes?
;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer
then used against you.