Crumbling music desk on Y.C.

Carman Gentile cgpiano@humboldt1.com
Fri, 06 May 2005 06:37:02 -0700

   My client has a 1990's Knabe grand  (made by Young Chang)   On the music
desk, the material on which the sheet music rests  is degrading and
crumbling into coarse dust particles. It looks unsightly and the debris is
falling into the tuning pin area. The material that is in there is not
suede. If you push your thumbnail into it there is a mark left. As if it
were some sort of plastic. Any idea on what they used to use?
   I finally reached the folks at Young Chang and although they will send
some replacement suede, I still need to know how to extract that old material.

Carman Gentile RPT
Redwood Chapter