No Shows - was: reminders

Robert Edwardsen eedward2@rochester.rr.com
Sat, 7 May 2005 06:25:52 -0400

Matthew,

In NY to legally charge one needs to inform the customer in writing =
(just like the dentist does on the flip side of that appointment card =
you get when leaving the office) that there will be a charge for a =
missed appointment.  I personally don't think it's worth the ill created =
to charge for missed appointments.

Rob E.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Matthew Todd=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 12:23 PM
  Subject: No Shows - was: reminders

  Do any of you still insist on a service call fee even if no one is at =
home for the appointment?

  As a private piano instructor, my monthly fees for lessons are a flat =
rate, whether the student chooses to attend or miss his/her lesson.  My =
fees are not lowered or refunded for missed lessons.  I also require a =
two week notice when a parent tells me that their child is quitting.  So =
that means they are financially responsible for the next two weeks =
whether they choose to attend or miss.  That gives me time to replace =
'em, without losing income.

  I was just wondering if there was any way to incorporate this with our =
clients.  Probably not, but I wanted to ask if it would be legal.

  Matthew Todd