My Wurlitzer puzzler of a couple weeks ago

John Gilmore johnjamiegilmore@qwest.net
Wed, 11 May 2005 19:33:46 -0700

Hello list -

I got back to the 30's Wurlitzer grand that I couldn't open, and.

I took all the advice, and I searched again for screws - in the blocks after
removing the key slip, at either end of the fallboard hinges, etc. and found
nothing.  Then, while looking down at the tuning pin area trying to think of
some other way in, I noticed three small screws running through the plate
back toward the fallboard and the vertical wood piece to which the fall is
attached, located behind the keys (sort of a stretcher.)  I removed them
which allowed the removal of the vertical piece, hence the fallboard.  Then
the block screws were accessible, and you know the rest!

Thanks again for all the input.

John