Re voicing hammers

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Sun, 15 May 2005 16:17:30 +0200

Hi Andre,

I was not talking of the plastic and acetone method, but the ping-pong =
balls+ acetone mixture.
According to the Yamaha Staff, it works in 5mn with 2 drops on the =
crown.

About getting a brighter sound : what can you do if a pianist wants the =
sound to be brighter, even if you think that the hammers are bright =
enough?
I mean, logically, you can't needle and needle again, or your hammers =
will loose all their tension in a short time, right?

So, what would be the solution: using hardeners in some cases, or having =
two actions for one piano: one with very bright hammers, and one with =
"regular" hammers?

Quentin

Quentin