1884 Chickering "Brown" action regulation advice, please

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 24 May 2005 15:39:35 -0700 (PDT)

Dear list,
    I am about to attempt making an 1884, 6'5"
Chickering ( donated ) "good enough" for an atrium,
for not much cost. As all they want is
" background music "  anyway, I am mostly interested
in getting the ( "Brown"? ) action smooth and fully
functional, and voicing the hammers down to a uniform,
mellow tone.

     A) Can anyone here advise me on the action, or
should I just "figger it out".
     B) The hammers are in pretty good shape, but  a
tad "thunky".
     Can you suggest a preferable method of
"rejuvenating" them ?????

     Your advice is most gratefully requested.

     Peace,