Self voicing hammers/work hardening

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Fri, 27 May 2005 17:33:13 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: antares=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 4:56 PM
  Subject: Re: Self voicing hammers/work hardening

    =20
    PS  Do you have anything to share with me about 13-14 year old 8' =
Seiler pianos?  :-)

  They certainly do not have Wurzen felt and that makes a impressive =
difference, as Ron Overs just stated.

  I may be replacing the hammers on this piano.  The piano just doesn't =
sound as impressive as I think it should--which is especially true right =
now because someone did some questionable voicing (I won't go into =
that).  But, it seems like that's always been the case with this =
instrument--if I remember correctly.  Have you put Wurzen felt hammers =
on a piano of this make, age and size?

  Thanks.

  Barbara