Knee JERK

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 19:15:56 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Alan,
    I knew that post would tick some folks off. But
because man, unlike nature, has free will I would say
God ALLOWED 9/11 to occur, but did not cause it.
9/11 was evil human free will at work.
    But He both caused and allowed the hurricane. Not
necessarily consciously, though. Some things, like
water freezing at 32F, occur as part of God's
pre-determined natural laws regulating the universe.
Our messing up the atmosphere may have instigated this
automatically, by God's law, as a bug bite causes
swelling, for example. That's the kind of "cause" I
was referring to. Not necessarily "smiting" N.O.
because of "Bourbon Street"
( Though it certainly COULD be that, too! )
    Whatever ones' theological bent, or lack thereof,
this will certainly be cause for reflection, which can
only do us good. At this time, particularly.
     Thump

P.S. No need to tell me to shut up. I'm done with this
subject.