Caster Rebuilding

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 16:46:16 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0008_01C5B6F0.541389A0
I have a set of three original brass casters for an 1890s Knabe grand. =
They appear to be in good condition - a little buffing and they'll look =
great. However, I wonder about the swivel function. A picture is below:

The big round cup end and the caster end are two separate pieces, =
connected with, and swivelling on, a pounded-in short steel rod piece. =
It does not appear to have bearings. My concern is to have a good swivel =
function. They appear to function, but I can't easily try it with weight =
on it. Is there any way to rebuild such an apparatus? Should/could =
grease be injected between the cup and caster sections?

Terry Farrell
------=_NextPart_001_0008_01C5B6F0.541389A0
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------=_NextPart_001_0008_01C5B6F0.541389A0--