Best Tuning Strategy using SAT III

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 08:20:35 -0600

Hi David,
For me also a good way to check and modify the FAC readings. Aural and =
machine combined.
This of course on a piano that is 10 or less off the 440.
For pitch raises I do the FAC only then measure A2. If  it measures say =
50 C I enter 25 C and tune from A0 to the first plane wire strings and =
then go with the 25% raise rewseting at C5=20
If a larger than 100C  raise is necessary it is always at least two =
raises then fine tune.
I am always astounded at thework that the III can do for me. Almost like =
having an airconditioned cab on a hot combine.=20
Hammer technique I believe to be a part of the varing results that techs =
get.
Quick and fast is what seems to get the results that I achieve.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Love=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 7:42 AM
  Subject: RE: Best Tuning Strategy using SAT III

  If I'm seeking accuracy, after the calculation, I prefer to start at =
A4, then tune A3 to see if that critical octave is ok.  Then tune down =
through the bass unisons as you go with checks that can be done with one =
hand, i.e., octave fifth, fourth, progressive thirds.  Modify with the =
DOB  on the fly if you need to.  Then tune up through the treble doing =
the same thing. =20

  David Love
  davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20