O.T. - "Do Not Call List"/US Gov.

Geoff Sykes thetuner@ivories52.com
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:10:31 -0700

The "legally binding" magic words to say to telemarketers are: "Please =
take
me off your call list." Make sure you make a note of who the caller
represents before you say these words because more often than not they =
will
end the call themselves right then. The reason for making note of who =
the
caller represents is that if they call you again you then have legal
precedence to sue. And win. And they know it.
=20
I have had good success with signing up with the do not call list. BTW,
there is only one: https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx . If you =
signed up
with any other there is no telling who might now have your phone number.
Also, there is no need to put your cell phone on this list because by
default it is illegal for telemarketers to call cell phones.
=20
To opt out of postal advertising campaigns visit The Direct Marketing
Associations website and click on the "For Consumers" link:
http://www.the-dma.org/
=20
For more information on how to opt out of stuff, visit the Consumer =
Privacy
Guide: http://www.consumerprivacyguide.org/howto/optout.shtml
=20
Geoff Sykes