O.T. - "Do Not Call List"/US Gov.

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:21:10 -0700

At 07:29 PM 9/13/2005 +0100, Michael wrote:
>So, use an answering machine. Are we back where we
>started yet? There's a hole in my bucket........

There's just one company, MBNA America, touting their credit
cards, who repeatedly leaves a LONG, drawn out, taped ... "pick up
your phone NOW .... your Platinum Business Line of Credit is
waiting ... operators are ready ... pick up your phone NOW"
message on my message machine. If the turkeys who planned
this campaign had the slightest notion the hatred which their
very name inspires in a hapless business person, they would blanche.
I'm sure they're completely callous about the nuisance and inconvenience
to anyone at all, thinking only of the microscopic number of new subscribers,
but eventually, if one is the very worst of the worst for annoyance,
the poison PR will spread to the entire public. Like it is today, on this
list.

Everyone, I know this is a crassly anti-commercial message, but: having an
MBNA
credit card is an ANTISOCIAL ACT! So there.

This isn't the only trouble with MBNA:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/credit_cards/mbna_america.htm

<phew> Got that off my chest, and maybe saved somebody some grief.

I'm changing to a digital message machine soon.
You can bleep out individual messages without affecting the rest,
and you don't have to listen to the whole message to get to
the other ones. They're numbered. If you want one particular message,
and know its number, you can go right there.

Watch your backs -- it can be a nasty world out there ...

Susan