Impact hammers

J. R. White jrwhiteltd@msn.com
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:04:18 -0700

Exclusively!  Don=92t be in a hurry.  Give it a week.  You=92ll love it.

Ross White

=20

  _____ =20

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Mike Kurta
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2005 8:00 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Impact hammers

=20

    Hey Folks:

    Clue me in on impact hammers.  I used one on trial and was =
frustrated,
finding it difficult to make fine back-and-forth movements in the pins.
Moving in one direction was fine, but to go back the other way I had to
first take up the slack in the head to reverse direction.  Am I to
understand that one doesn't make tiny, slow pull changes but instead =
uses
the impact feature exclusively?  Otherwise it seemed that the wide =
movement
of the handle was cumbersome and difficult to overcome.

    Mike Kurta