Not getting back to people on the Ecsaine issue. ( Sorry. )

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:19:21 -0500

> To Ron, and anyone else who was waiting to hear from
> me about "Ecsaine":
>      Sorry I didn't get back to you all. It was not a
> personal slight.

Not taken as such. I just wondered what the status was on
availability and pricing.

> I just was so impressed with the
> stuff that I started working with Jurgen right away to
> make it commerciually available to everyone: he
> already has the marketing setup.
>    My apologies, again.
>      Thump

No problem. I'll wait and see what Jurgen comes up with.

> P.S. Besides uniformity, I was astounded by the fact
> that the stuff actually has "grain" ( not as much as
> buckskin, but that could possibly be improved by a
> quick swipe with sandpaper ) and that it is impossible
> to stretch with one's bare hands ( well mine, anyway
> ).

Yes it does, as I mentioned. I wouldn't try to "improve" it. It's so
close to the same in any direction that I just ignore the grain
altogether.

>     I'll fool around with glue types for it, and let
> you know on this issue, too. I suspect it will glue
> very well.

Titebond, PVCE, Molding Glue, hot hide, etc. It glues just fine with
everything I've tried. The only down side to the stuff that I've
found is that it's hard to cut into little pieces. They tend not to
separate easily when guillotined.

Ron N