B 458198, string deflections

Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:09:09 -0400

Kent -
While in your response to the quoted post from Ron, below, you seemed to
confirm that this piano was restrung, you did not state so in any of your
stats.  The serial number puts it at 1978 -79.  If this is not original
factory work, do you know what was done, when, and by whom?  Also, exactly
how many separate episodes of bridge deterioration did you observe?

I'm not sure what Ron means by the angle "self-correcting" unless he is
alluding to the rear pin's inevitable migration westward, as the bridge
splits become more pronounced.

Wouldn't epoxy address the present conditions?

David Skolnik