B 458198, string deflections

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:29:39 -0500

> I'm not sure what Ron means by the angle "self-correcting" unless he is
> alluding to the rear pin's inevitable migration westward, as the bridge
> splits become more pronounced.

That's right, responding to Kent's comment on that very thing.

> Wouldn't epoxy address the present conditions?

Not with CA already in there. From a practical standpoint, it
doesn't much matter how cracked the bridge is on the back pin row,
as long as the resulting offset angle is enough to clamp the string
to the speaking length bridge pin, and the speaking length bridge
pin is solid, you won't hear the problem.

Ron N